Saturday, April 6, 2013

Believing




“None of you must be worried or upset, when it looks as though everything has gone wrong’, Jesus went on, ‘You must trust me and believe in me, just as you do in God…”  pg. 370 The Children’s Bible.

Dear Sister-Friend,

Have you ever experienced the pain of dashed expectations?  Prior to adopting our children I wrote a letter to them.  One of the lines of the letter read, “We are all looking forward to getting to know you, spending time with you and playing with you.” 

You could only imagine the monumental guilt that I endured when my long awaited children arrived and within a very short amount of time all I wanted to do was crawl under my covers and hide.  Instead of spending time with my children I wanted to be alone and when I attempted to play with them … I was either bored out of my mind or war broke out.   The beautiful vision of binding the broken hearted and being the repairer of the breach was blurred with the cracks of anger, fear and frustration. 

But I knew in the core of my heart that the Lord had a plan and surely this beautiful vision turned nightmare was not it.  So I pressed in … I choose to believe in the Lord above my failures… when it was unbelievable…even when I was unbelievable.  I choose to believe the one who is Believable and can do the impossible.  Now seven years later … the beautiful colors are returning … spring is on the horizon.

Precious Friend,
List all the things that are going wrong…especially the ones that are going wrong by your own doing.  Now lift that list up and offer it up to the Lord.  Tell Him your fears and doubts.  Then turn to His Word and allow Him to encourage you.  Write down one verse that you can cling to until the victory comes.


Dear Heavenly Father,

You promise to turn to the rock into a pool, the hard rock into the springs of water.  I pray that You would take that which is dry, brittle and downright hostile and turn it into a place of life overflowing with living water.  Until that time comes may we have Your peace that transcends all understanding.  In Jesus name we pray Amen.

Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob, who turned the rock, into a pool, the hard rock into springs of water.  
(Psalm 114:7-8 NIV)



No comments:

Post a Comment