Saturday, April 6, 2013

Crushing



Recently, I read the foreward of book entitled Desperate:  Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe by Sally Mae and Sarah Clarkson.  Here is an excerpt:

“Sally, I feel I owe it to you to warn you about what is ahead.   All of those easy-schmeasy comments about giving birth and having a baby and being a mother are just lies.  You are going to hurt like you never imagined …. I just want to warn you that this is the hardest thing you have probably ever done in your life, and if you are not ready for it to be hard, you will become quite depressed!”  
(Kindle version).

Whew!  Honestly, I wish I would have read that fifteen years ago.  I was one of those pregnant mom’s that some snickered at.  I loved being pregnant!  It was easy and I was on cloud nine!  Even the delivery seemed fast … only four hours!!!  However, I was not in the least prepared for what was to follow.  Within days I was gripped with fear and anxiety.  As a teacher, I knew just what to do.  I had curriculum to follow or create, a bell schedule to tell me when to teach, eat and leave for the day … everything was mapped out.  

Now I had 24 hours a day, everyday with another human being whom I was responsible to feed, cloth, teach, love, etc… and I had no idea what I was doing so I read lots of books and it only made it worse … because my little baby did not follow the rules of the book!

Sister-friend, being a mother is hard!  Don’t let anyone fool you!  No matter how easy they make it look … it is hard work but you were created for this battle and I assure you that as You press into the Lord … He will give you strength and His mighty power to accomplish all that He has asked of You triumphantly!

What is the hardest part of motherhood for you at the moment?   Believe God for a solution!

Father, 

We delight in You!  We praise You in advance for Your strength, Your power and ultimately Your victory.

In Jesus Name Amen.
   
A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  (Ephesians 6:10 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment