Saturday, April 6, 2013

Wondering


Dear Sister-Friend,

This week I have been wandering … a lot. What is God’s purpose for my life … right now … here … in this new season?  I have finished reading two books within the last 6 weeks.  One by a home educator  … she successfully home schooled four children who are adults living for Christ, is an author and ministers to women around the world.  An adoptive mom who worked full time and held a position of notoriety in the workplace wrote the other book. 

I keep thinking to myself … don’t we all have the same 24 hours?  How are they doing all of this?  What am I doing wrong?  Why am I not blogging, developing a website, writing that book, playing on the floor more with my kids or better yet home schooling them? 
Now, it is time to stop.  It is time to stop comparing.  I am not a CEO; I am not a home schooling mom.  I am me. 
Now, I am here… right here … in the presence of the Lord … He is washing my feet.  I am His and He loves me.  All is well.

And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet.  (John 14:14NLT) 

Sister-friend, I pray that after walking through the muddy fields of life, you are receiving a foot washing today.

~Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment