Saturday, April 6, 2013

Transforming



The Lord our God be with us, as he was with our fathers. 
May he not leave us or forsake us, that he may incline our hearts to him …
(I Kings 8:57-58a)



Dear Sister-Friend,

Yesterday, a friend sent out a prayer request, Please pray for me, as I don't want to misrepresent the Lord to my son.”  That prayer request stopped me in my tracks.  I had to admit that there were a number of times that my reaction to one of my children was truly a misrepresentation of Christ.  I had to quickly to repent.

As I studied I Kings 8:56-61 (ESV) this morning … my heart was especially drawn to verse 61 “let your heart therefore be wholly true to the Lord our God, walking in his statues and keeping his commandments, as at this day.”  

Using the Blue Letter Bible Concordance/Interlinear on my phone I learned that the Hebrew Interlinear Tables defines the following words …

·      “Let your heart” or lebab (H3824) as the inner man, mind, will, heart, soul,   understanding  … as seat of appetites … emotions and passions

·      “in His statues” or choq (H2706) as a prescribed task 

·      “His commandments” or mitzvah (H4687) as commandment (of code of wisdom)

It is my desire that the Lord would transform us as mothers from the inside out.  First, that He would consume our hearts with his emotions, passions, mind, etc.  Having His heart, we then might be enabled to live out the prescribed tasks He as given us (whether it be as a mother to a grandchild, a foster child, an adopted child, a special needs child, a biological child, multiples, or another situation) with wisdom to respond properly in any given situation. 


Dear Gracious Father,

Incline our hearts to You, that we will be able to walk in all your ways.  We desire to be mothers who influence our children in such a way that they would recognize You… in… part by their daily interactions with us.  

In Your Mighty Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment